Founder of the Clean Health Fitness Institute, Daine McDonald is one the most well recognised people in the fitness industry today. An entrepreneur, business coach, personal trainer and nutritionist, he has an extensive knowledge of functional medicine and first-hand experience in athletic training. He is known for his no-nonsense and integrative approach to helping clients achieve rapid results in what ever area of their health, development and business he is engaged with them in.
Daine’s fitness journey was cemented long before he was born, with a family of impressive athletic prowess. His grandfather competed in the 1952 Olympics in weightlifting and also in the Mr Universe; his uncle was a national-level bodybuilder; and his father was a bodybuilder and martial artist. Daine is no exception to the family tradition, having been in the fitness industry since 2003 with a background in the military and martial arts along with weightlifting/powerlifting.
Over the course of Daine’s career he has coached, Olympic medalists national and international champions in track cycling, raw powerlifting, weightlifting, natural fitness and sports modelling, mogul skiing, and boxing. He has also coached professional NRL and ARU players. Daine constantly produces lifelong changes and peak performance for competitive athletes and recreational gym enthusiasts alike.
Daine holds formal qualifications in human movement and nutritional medicine, giving him a unique skill set that allows him to engage with clients from a multi-disciplinary approach. He is also an accomplished writer, contributing to numerous publications including Australian Women’s Health & Fitness; Men’s Muscle & Health, Oxygen Magazine; The Australian Biggest Loser Club; and Fitness First Magazine. He was also the Fitness Expert on ninemsn’s Health and Wellbeing website.
His passion is education for personal trainers, which he has conducted since 2010. In recent times this has seem him teach over 2000 personal trainers globally himself in every major city around Australia along with Montreal, Toronto, Las Vegas, Hong Kong, Manchester, London and Cologne.
Today, having retired from actively personal training clients his passion is helping other fitness professionals grow their businesses which he does extensively through our Intensive Development Program and his own personal website www.dainemcdonald.com
His formal qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Human Movement Science
- Advanced Diploma in Nutritional Medicine
- Diploma of Strength and Conditioning
- Diploma of Fitness
- Level 4 Poliquin Certified Strength Coach
- Level 2 Poliquin BioSignature Practitioner
- Level 1 FMA Strength Coach
- Level 2 SMA Sports Trainer
- Level 1 ASCA Strength Coach
His professional development includes:
- Charles Poliquin BioPrint: 3 Day Seminar – February 2014 (Sydney, Australia)
- Phil Learney & Ben Coomber: 2 Day Fat Loss & Hypertrophy Seminar – February 2014 (Sydney, Australia)
- Australian Integrative Medicine Association Annual Conference – October 2013 (Gold Coast, Australia)
- Charles Poliquin BioSignature Level 1 – April 2013 (Sydney, Australia)
- IFBB Pro Milos Sarcev 3 Day Muscle Camp – February 2013 (Sydney, Australia)
- Dr Mark Schauss “The Art & Science Of Biochemical Individuality” – February 2013 (Sydney, Australia)
- IFBB Pro Ben Pakulski 7 Day Muscle Camp – November 2012 (Sydney, Australia)
- Charles Poliquin Lab Analysis – January 2012 (Poliquin Strength Institute)
- Charles Poliquin BioSignature Level 1 – December 2011 (Perth, Australia)
- FMA Strength Training Level 1 – November 2011 (Sydney, Australia)
- Charles Poliquin Level 4 Certified Strength Coach (International) – November 2011 (Rhode Island, USA)
- Charles Poliquin Level 3 Certified Strength Coach (National) – November 2011 (Rhode Island, USA)
- Charles Poliquin BioSignature Level 1 – March 2011 (Phoenix, USA)
- Charles Poliquin Program Design – March 2011 (Phoenix, USA)
- Charles Poliquin BioSignature CE – December 2010 (Perth, Australia)
- Charles Poliquin Hypertrophy semi-private internship – July 2010 (Halmstad, Sweden)
- Charles Poliquin BioSignature Level 1 – February 2010 (Gold Coast, Australia)
- Charles Poliquin/Francine Savarrd Training The Female Physique – February 2010 (Rhode Island, USA)
- Charles Poliquin Semi-Private Body Composition Internship – October 2009 (Rhode Island, USA)
- Charles Poliquin BioSignature CE – June 2009 (Rhode Island, USA)
- Charles Poliquin BioSignature Level 1 – February 2009 (Sydney, Australia)
- Charles Poliquin Level 2 Certified Strength Coach (State) – February 2009 (Sydney, Australia)
- Charles Poliquin Level 1 Certified Strength Coach (Regional) – February 2009 (Sydney, Australia)