Dear CHFI reader,
We don’t know about you, but for us the thought of the Christmas season sends us in two directions. On one hand, we are looking forward to having some time off, seeing some old friends that we haven’t had a chance to see, sleep in and switch off.
On the other hand, we tend to think ‘crap, we know what’s going to happen. You will go to this party and that party and before you know you have consumed some starchy carbs, loads of alcohol and wake up the next day feeling like crap!
It’s a dilemma…. So what to do?
Well, here are few things to make sure you can have your Christmas pudding and still have a wardrobe to fit into in January:
- Training does NOT stop. You must accept that if you want to party and let your hair down, you will need to earn some brownie points. Over training yourself is a fantastic tool; you deplete the body, smash it, exhaust it and then have a nice big fat weekend of joy and love afterwards. The calories consumed will act like fuel for your metabolic fire that is burning, thus helping you become leaner – not larger!
- Detox! We all go a little overboard right about now right? Sweat the crap out, literally! Find a health centre or high market fitness center likes ours that have an authentic infrared sauna. Sit in there for as long as you can take it (aim for full heat for 30mins), you should see the remnants of your gluttony speckled across the towel when you finish the session.
- Follow an 80/20 rule. If you know you are going to be very, very bad, you need to make up for it by being very, very good. Good 80% of the time, 20% down right dirty. Your new year’s resolution should be at the forefront of your mind, commit yourself to a training program from the 1st of January either with a friend or for the real deal we would invest in a good personal trainer to help you undo the damage.
- Keep up the H2O. When we say H2O, we mean a minimum of 3 litres of water per day, no exception, no excuses. Water should be filtered and purified. If you can’t remember the last time the drink bottle hit your lips I dare say you’re not drinking enough! Sounds very simple and we know a lot of personal trainers preach this time and time again but there really are so many people who don’t even hit the 300ml per day mark, it astounds us.
- Just move! Even if you don’t want to go overboard with training while you are having a holiday, you should still try and do something every day. Let yourself have a few days of couch-loafing or bum-sitting but if you are lucky enough to be at some sort of holiday destination there are loads that you can do i.e.; hire a bike, go for a bush walk, visit the local gym and do a casual class, swim in the ocean. Just about anything will do, and anything is better than nothing!
Merry Christmas from all of us at the Clean Health Fitness Institute and if you want to find out more about our industry leading personal training programs heading into the new year, please visit out testimonials section or CONTACT US here!